Carbon Trap and its associated companies are totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors, suppliers, and customers with how we use personal information collected on our website.
We never pass on your details to any other third-parties separate to who we directly use for processing your order(s) and sending you information (which you have opted-in to receive). This also includes sending you newsletters for the mailing list(s) you have opted-in to.
All third-party solutions that we use are trusted, fully industry standard secure, safe, and compliant.
This policy may change from time to time, so please check this page as required for changes. By using the Carbon Trap website, you are agreeing to this policy.
Your information collection and sharing
Your personal data is collected via the following methods:
- Website Checkout - Contact details provided by you directly (name, address, telephone number, email address) when purchasing from our website. Your IP address is also collected at this time. We use these details only for the processing of your order and contacting you with information regarding your order. The only details contained within our website are your contact details. All encrypted financial details are entered directly into our payment provider ‘Stripe’ secure system directly using iframe technology.
- Website Checkout – You can opt-in at our checkout to join our main mailing list. Our mailing list facility is provided by MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com). Your email address, demographic details, and order details are sent to MailChimp.
- Website Checkout & on each page of the site – Main mailing list sign-up. The mailing list facility is provided by MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com). Your name and email address are sent through if you are not logged into your Carbon Trap account. If you are logged into your Carbon Trap account and you have not signed up for the main mailing list already then your demographic details, and order details are also sent to MailChimp.
- Website when you abandon your shopping cart – If for whatever reason you do not proceed with checking out, and you are a logged in Carbon Trap account holder then the system will send out a one off prompter email to you asking if you still want to check out. It is only your email address and name which is collected for this process.
- Processing of Orders – Your order details are passed through securely to Parcel Force and other delivery services using correct protocol in line with GDPR requirements.
- Website in general – Cookies – this is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you continue to browse through our website, then your computer or device will store various identifying cookies to enhance your experience interacting with our website. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent. By continuing to browse our website, you are consenting to our use of these cookies. it is only your IP address which this process uses.
- Website in general – Google Analytics – ‘Google Analytics’ analytics.google.com/analytics/web collect non-specific demographics data based on your IP address. This helps us to understand what works and doesn’t work within our website.
- Website in general – Demographics Data – We collect additional to Google Analytics data which is then used to present targeted online advertising. These solutions are supplied at times by third parties such as Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
How is your information used?
Your information can be used as follows:
- To process any order(s) that you have placed with us.
- To communicate any pertinent information regarding order(s) that you have placed with us.
- To send you any informational product alerts (e.g. ‘out of stock’ products or abandoned shopping cart).
- Send you information relating to new products or special deal products using email newsletters which may be of interest to you.
- Notify you of any service changes.
Communication & Marketing
The newsletters which you receive (if you’ve opted-in) can be opted-out of receiving at any time. This is done by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any newsletter received. Please note this will permanently remove your email address and it cannot be re-added again.
Accessing, updating and your right to be forgotten
You can access the personal information which we hold for you at any time by logging into your Carbon Trap account. Where you can edit the information held by us.
Please note we are legally obliged to retain details of our financial transactions with each individual customer for a period of 6 years. Under these terms, even if you ask us to remove your data under 'the right to be forgotten' then we will only be able to block your access to your account and remove your email address from our marketing database.
This is because we may be requested by a government organisation to provide a record of financial transactions and the individuals concerned with these over a specific period.
If you wish us to remove your information under 'the right to be forgotten' then please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
Checking your details
If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to Carbon Trap you may do so by contacting us via the e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information. We would strongly recommend that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
We are an internet only based company and are contactable by email at email@example.com
Our registered office is located at: Floor 2, TriGate House, 210-222 Hagley Road West, Birmingham, B68 0NP
We love to hear from our users, whether you want to know what we can do for you personally or to provide constructive feedback.
No matter how trivial, please get in touch and we will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as we can.