using elephant grass for sustainable materials
to save our climate, trees and biodiversity
Using Elephant Grass to create a greener planet today!Join us
WHAT WE DO
We have dedicated 5% of our land to biodiversity and your membership will help us build beautiful wildflower areas to replace the 97% of the wildflower meadows we have lost here in the UK since 1930. Wildflowers will be planted on your behalf and you can choose to receive wildflower seeds for your own garden.
Your membership will capture and store carbon from the atmosphere through the planting of elephant grass here in the UK. Elephant Grass reduces harmful greenhouse gases and helps slow the effects of climate change. This process also helps to improve soil health and support the rural economy.
We use harvested elephant grass for all projects, developing sustainable alternatives for industry. We work closely with valued partners such as the University of Exeter. We are focusing on construction and textiles, with your membership helping to aid these vital projects. Together, we can create a sustainable planet.
Calculate Your Impact Here
Work out your contribution
Your contribution25 Plants planted665kg CO2 capturedLearn more...600 wildflowers planted3294 car miles offsetLearn more...3266 kw energy offsetLearn more...
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A CARBON TRAP AMBASSADOR?
Check out our ambassador program and get involved in the networking and strategy of Carbon Trap!Become an ambassador
AS A MEMBER
- Receive a personalised e-certificate
- Invite to elephant grass Open Days
- Join a group of like-minded people – become a part of the solution
- Make a positive impact on climate change today
- Offset your own carbon footprint
- Contribute to research and development of sustainable alternatives
- Help build wildflower areas for biodiversity
- Fight Climate Change
- Help develop sustainability
Why Elephant Grass?
- Captures carbon from year 2 vs trees that can take 20-40 yrs to mature
- Supports reforestation schemes as less need to cut trees down
- Improves soil health and prevents soil erosion
- C4 plant meaning it captures more carbon than 95% other plants
- Requires natural water from rainfall only
- No need for pesticides or fertilisers
- Non-invasive plant as opposed to bamboo
- Can live for 30+ years without the need to replant
Have more questions?
Look at our FAQs
We love to hear from our users, whether you want to know what we can do for you personally or to provide constructive feedback.
No matter how trivial, please get in touch and we will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as we can.